The upcoming photo app by Jeremy Cowart seeks to change the…
Need a dose of inspiration? We gathered some of the best photography quotes from famous photographers throughout history and turned them into inspirational graphics.
Read on for our top ten photography quotes—great for sharing with fellow photography enthusiasts on Facebook. Enjoy!
1. “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” — Henri Cartier-Bresson
2. “Photography is a love affair with life.” — Burk Uzzle
3. “Which of my photographs is my favourite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” — Imogen Cunningham
4. “The eye should learn to listen before it looks.” — Robert Frank
5. “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams
6. “One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you’d be stricken blind.” — Dorothea Lange
7. “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you aren’t close enough.” — Robert Capa
8. “Wherever there is light, one can photograph.” — Alfred Stieglitz
9. “I am not interested in shooting new things – I am interested to see things new.” —Ernst Haas
10. “Only photograph what you love.” — Tim Walker
Do you have a favorite quote about photography that didn’t make this list? Add yours in the comments below.